As our communities cope with ever changing guidance, Inclusive Partners is still doing what we can to support child care providers, children, and their families. Although we are still working remotely and available via phone and email, we are starting to make some site visits. We will continue to encourage virtual connections to determine if further supports are needed. We reserve the choice to meet in person if the situation warrants.
Our team members are committed to reducing the transmission of COVID-19. Let's continue to be patient and kind in allowing space to make the safest choices for each of us.
Please call or email us for more information should you be interested in accessing our services.
Stay well and Wash your hands!
The Inclusive Partners Team
What Is Inclusion?
What Is Inclusion?
As we grow into adulthood, our actions toward others are shaped by our early experiences. Having positive experiences in inclusive settings enable us to view each other with appreciation of our differences, similarities and uniqueness.
Benefits of Inclusive Child Care
In inclusive settings
- Young people are not segregated. The negative effects of labeling and lack of familiarity are decreased.
- Young and school age children have opportunities to learn from and share experiences with each other. This includes positive models for learning, communication and behaviors.
- All children feel a sense of belonging.
- Children of all ages learn to appreciate diversity in others.
- When everyone participates, children have opportunities to be creative, resourceful and cooperative.
Benefits to providers implementing inclusive practices in their programs
- New knowledge and skills, aiding all the children in the setting.
- New contacts and partnerships, which can enhance business practices.
- Connections to community resources.
- Opportunities to help others celebrate that we all have unique abilities and needs.
Benefits to families
- Opportunities to experience typical child care settings and community events.
- Vision of a positive future for families.
- Relationships and connections with other families in the community.
- An awareness of diverse family systems.
© Inclusive Partners, 2020