As you all know, Our communities are working hard to adapt how to we can continue to do business in light of ever changing recommendations from our Governor, the CDC and Administration regarding personal contact to contain the spread of the COVID-19.
We at Inclusive Partners are taking all necessary precautions to contain the spread of the disease. Each of us are working remotely and communicating via phone, email and virtual conferencing options. What that means for our services is that we are available in many ways except in person. We will continue to answer emails, take phone calls and work with families, child care providers and community partners to support children with specialized needs while in child care.
Please call or email us for more information should you be interested in accessing our services.
Stay well and Wash your hands!
The Inclusive Partners Team
What Is Inclusion?
What Is Inclusion?
As we grow into adulthood, our actions toward others are shaped by our early experiences. Having positive experiences in inclusive settings enable us to view each other with appreciation of our differences, similarities and uniqueness.
Benefits of Inclusive Child Care
In inclusive settings
- Young people are not segregated. The negative effects of labeling and lack of familiarity are decreased.
- Young and school age children have opportunities to learn from and share experiences with each other. This includes positive models for learning, communication and behaviors.
- All children feel a sense of belonging.
- Children of all ages learn to appreciate diversity in others.
- When everyone participates, children have opportunities to be creative, resourceful and cooperative.
Benefits to providers implementing inclusive practices in their programs
- New knowledge and skills, aiding all the children in the setting.
- New contacts and partnerships, which can enhance business practices.
- Connections to community resources.
- Opportunities to help others celebrate that we all have unique abilities and needs.
Benefits to families
- Opportunities to experience typical child care settings and community events.
- Vision of a positive future for families.
- Relationships and connections with other families in the community.
- An awareness of diverse family systems.
© Inclusive Partners, 2019